Peace, Love, & Barbecue is a fabulous read and I wholeheartedly agree with the statement that this book is the only barbecue book you'll ever need. Now I have to hide it from my Q buddies, because its their holiday gift if I can keep the secret til then. Thanks Mike and Amy- Peace, Love, & Barbecue!
Here's how I worked the Weber:
- 1/2 chimmney of lump charcoal.
- Holey Smoker Box filled with soaked apple chips served as a dam for the coals.
- Re-start 1/2 chimmney every 45 minutes and wait to add.
- I had my infrared temp guage and learned how to shoot through the top vent to get temp at the GrillGrate.
- I refrained from adding coals too often and sometimes the chimney would need re-fueling before the Weber Kettle did.
- Rotate the meat away from the hot side.
- Sprinkle Magic Dust during as the Ribs sweat
- Limit beer consumption to 1 per hour if possible