|Hot spots and cold spots result in under cooked food.|
|Briquettes + GrillGrates = Infrared Squared!|
All this studious grilling led us to finally articulate what our taste buds told us long ago! There is science to why GrillGrates grill so much better. We've had a lot of input and 5 years to put forth the 5 elements to the science of GrillGrate.
- Special thanks to:
- Meathead Goldwyn of Amazingribs.com for articulating a lot of the science and infrared aspects
- Barry CB Martin, Mr. Charbroil himself – an early champion of infrared grilling.
- FLIR Systems- The World Leader in Infrared Imaging Systems
Infrared heat is the heat you can't see. IR rays travel through air / space and warm an object. Radiant heat from the sun warming us on a sunny day is infrared heat.
- On hot grills, GrillGrates act as an infrared emitter- they capture the heat of any grill and radiate it up to the food.
- Infrared heat warms from the inside out as well as the outside in, while traditional heat (hot air or fire) cooks from the outside in.
- GrillGrates amplify and focus IR heat just as a magnifying glass can focus the rays of the sun.
GrillGrate, Eat Well!
Further thank you's:
- It took Francoise our talented designer only a few hours to create this beautiful web page.
- Thanks to Ian, intern Boy Friday for his great photography and video work- particularly on the video below.
- And finally thank you to Sam the wild man who tamed the FLIR Infrared Video camera and ate quite well!