Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Warm Calling

Cold calling has such a negative connotation in the sales world, I've decided to approach it as warm calling-- with a warm smile along with a warm handshake. Meet, greet, gather information, deliver a brief message, move on. That is what I have been doing since Monday morning. Over the past couple of days I've made over a dozen warm calls on my way to Austin Texas for the NBBQA conference. I've written a few orders and made more than a few new friends. I've been in sales all my life and never made many "cold calls", now I'm enjoying the heck out of warm calling. If we can only apply this kind of positive logic to the economy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad,
It was great to meet you out in Austin at the NBBQA Conference.
I really enjoyed your demonstration of Grill Grates, as I am a fan of grilled foods of all kinds.

My Grill Grates arrived yesterday and I am preparing a menu of fine foods which I can grill to put your product through its paces over this coming weekend.

Keep up the 'Grate' work!

Joseph M.

Unknown said...

Thanks Joe!

If you have any pictures form the event and of your Grate Creations- Please send them along. We'd love to post recipes from this distinquished crowd too!

GrillGrate, Eat Well.

Brad