Keep the grill hot after the cook-out and grill desserts to top off their 4th of July holiday celebrations.
You will be the neighborhood hero when you grill s'mores for the gang after dinner. Be prepared to make a plate or start an assembly line with eager volunteers! Or try the fruity Red, White and Blue Dessert Quesadilla. Both recipes are easy to make and easy to grill.
Grate Grilled S'mores
- Graham Crackers
- Hershey's Chocolate Squares
- 1 Graham Cracker in 2 halves
- ½ Hershey's Chocolate Bar
- 1 Marshmallow
- Spear marshmallow (1-2 at a time) on GrateTool or large grill fork
- Hold the marshmallow just over the grillgrates and it will soon start to soften and melt
- Lower the marshmallows onto the raised rails briefly- turn and repeat
- Place ½ graham cracker with chocolate on top onto the grillgrates
- As soon as the chocolate shows signs of melting place marshmallow on top
- Place top ½ of graham cracker over marshmallow and pull off the fork or gratetool to complete the grilled s'more.
It is a fast grill, less than 1 min for each marshmallow and 30 seconds for the graham cracker and chocolate to be ready for handing off (Tip: have lots of napkins on hand for gooey chocolate) or plating. If possible, let the s'more sit for 2-3 minutes after grilling for the chocolate to firm up a bit.
Red, White and Blue Dessert Quesadilla on the Grill
quesadilla. Pre-make ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. Keep entertaining family and guests with this nutritious fruity dessert.
- Four Flour Tortillas
- Cup of white chocolate morsels
- Cup of fresh raspberries
- Cup of fresh blueberries
- Ricotta cheese
- Confectioners’ sugar
Making the filling:
- 8 ounce container whole ricotta cheese
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mix ingredients together in a food processor -- this makes
the filling for two quesadillas.
- Spread 1/3 of the filling on one tortilla (this is the
- Sprinkle semi-sweet morsels
- Place 2nd tortilla on top
- Spread light film of filling
- Decorate top with raspberries and blueberries
- Add a few more white chocolate morsels
Grilling the dessert quesadilla:
- The grill should be at medium heat, about 400F. Use a
grilling spray or wipe the raised rails with oil
- Slide the Quesadilla off the cutting board onto the
GrillGrates- close lid
- Check in 3-4 minutes by slightly lifting an edge to see the
- Quarter turn the quesadilla if dark searing or wait and
quarter turn in 1-2 minutes. Close lid
- Use The GrateTool to check for firmness of quesadilla,it
should be crispy and firm
- Determine whether to give it a couple of more minutes or off
it comes onto the cutting board
- Let stand for 2 minutes
- Cut and Serve