Friday, January 30, 2009

I have bacon envy!


Who knew that a NY times story about a well Stumbled Upon video would create a net sensation. A recipe called bacon explosion is a massive culinary masterpiece much like the Coronary ByPass Burger at the VORTEX. But the internet buzz and traffic it created is much more impressive. I have bacon envy.

I like grilling bacon (and with GrillGrates it is superb without the massive flare-ups) but I had no idea that there is a cult of bacon people. I knew this to be true when Guy Kawasaki was twittering about it way back about 19 hours ago. Then he added an Alltop page just for bacon lovers.

I thought I'd do my part and put up a gallery of grilled bacon shots for the unheralded multitudes of bacon lovers out there! I feel better getting that out of my system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came up with a little recipe yesterday for the Super Bowl. Smoked boston butt chopped, then mix with cream cheese, and stuff that into fresh de-seeded jalapenos, then wrap them with applewood bacon!! I wrapped about 50 jalapenos and took them to my parents house for the game. A friend of ours (who received a Grill Grate for Christmas) helped me grill all 50 of them, but my dad only has 1 set of GrillGrates on his grill, so MAJOR flare-ups on the non-Grated side, and none on the Grill Grate side. It was very cool, I wish I had my camera.

Clint