Friday, November 6, 2009

The GRATE STATE of TEXAS




The United Steaks of America Cookoff Team continues to impress. Not only do they compete, but they put on a great time for the kids and adults. And they sample a lot of food- including MamaMary's Pizza- Gourmet Crusts which are super tailgating fare for hungry fans.

Now back to grilling great steaks which inspired this update. I need to update our YouTube video seared not charred to include all the great stuff we are hearing and learning about grilling the 'best steaks I've ever grilled'. Let me hear and see your story! I know its not easy to remember to grab your camera at the grill. We did enormous T-Bones the other night and I forgot to take a picture of one of the best steaks I've ever grilled!

We also received some grate photos from Smoking Asses Team hailing from Weatherford TX. They re-surfaced their Pit with GrillGrates recently and I'm looking forward to reports of their travels. I look forward to hearing more from the Grate State of Texas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Folks,
Got my grillgrate to fit a Weber Gold last week. I am excited for it lends itself to so many variations to cook vegetables and meat. I regularly compete in the steak cooking contests here in Texas, and have won on a regular basis. This thing qualifies as a 'secret weapon' in the steak wars. The grill marks are stunning and the lack of flame ups is so welcome. You have a SUPERIOR PRODUCT.

Thanks from Texas,
Pit master Ken J.